What is a service account?
Service Accounts are very similar to user accounts and are intended to be used for shared/changing roles (administrative assistant, webmaster, newsletter, feedback, etc) or service/programmatic access (printers, copiers, mailers). It is not recommended to create a service account for personal use.
- Can be created by the DOM IT Helpdesk for @medicine, @cwhr, @clinicaltrials, and @uwcarbone domains.
- DOM IT CANNOT CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNTS FOR @WISC.EDU
- Default settings will prohibit the service account from appearing in the Global Address List (GAL). This means that they will not be searchable from any client using the GAL. DOM IT is able to change the setting to searchable in the GAL upon request.
- Service accounts are accessible through permissions or by using the service account's direct username/password.
- Service accounts are able to have multiple users associated with it.
- Service accounts are only accessible by users who have NetID accounts within UW-Madison's Office 365 implementation. Microsoft licensing prohibits the use of these accounts by any external user
- External users cannot use the service account credentials to access the account. If access is required for an external user, request an appointment through your department's HR office.
Important: If a service account was just created or updated by your administrator, it may take up to 60 minutes before you can access the account.
Useful information: Office 365 - How to access a Service Account.